Yoga Teacher Training
As a Registered Yoga School with the Yoga Alliance, our program exceeds the national standards to provide you with the knowledge, skills and practical experience to be a qualified and competent yoga instructor. Our comprehensive curriculum, including mindfulness, meditation, human biology and hands-on experience, will cultivate a unique, well-rounded perspective and nurture your development as a compassionate yoga instructor.
Please select the award below to view the degree options and requirements in the college catalog.
- Yoga Teacher Training Certificate—16 credits
- You will learn and practice the yoga lifestyle.
- Develop the skills to develop and teach yoga classes that include asana, pranayama, meditation and chanting.
You will gain practical experience in our fitness center by working with the Minneapolis College community.
The occupational outlook for fitness worker jobs is expected to increase 30% through 2018, which is faster than the average for all occupations.
Potential Job Titles
- Yoga instructor
Where You Could Work
- Health clubs
- Fitness facilities
- Yoga studios
- Corporate wellness centers
- Community education
- Senior living facilities
- Clinics, hospitals or treatment centers