Academic Success Center
The new Academic Success Center at Minneapolis College is located on the third floor of the Technical Building (T-3200). This new area for students is a third the size of the football field and includes built-in technology and services to help students reach their potential.
Faculty and Staff may request a tour for classes and special groups by filling out this online request form! (requires SharePoint sign-in)
Inside this attractive space, you will have access to:
- Tutoring in writing, math, biology, nursing and many other subjects by individual appointment or through Tutor-led Study Groups. Become a Peer Tutor at the Academic Success Center.
- A computer lab with tutoring support by appointment and drop-in on topics such as:
Computer Basics, D2L Navigation & Office 365 Support.
Schedule a digital literacy tutoring session today!
- A speech practice lab with recording equipment to help improve your presentational skills! Schedule a training session today to learn how to use this space! To reserve the speech practice lab please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, call us at 612-659-6140, or see the front-desk in T.3200.
- Individual and group study areas, some available by reservation. To reserve a group study space email us or call 612-659-6140
- Course placement testing and tutoring to prepare students for placement tests
- The Center offers regular mini-sessions on topics in mathematics, English, chemistry, study skills and digital literacy
- Pop-up Library “Research Help” Services are available in the Academic Success Center (T.3200) to help students locate, evaluate, select and cite resources for academic assignments. Come to the Academic Success Center and “Ask a Librarian!” Need help at another time? Visit the library’s website for virtual “Research Help” options and additional “Research Help” hours!
“Ask a Librarian!”
- Mondays 1:00 p.m. - 3:00 p.m.
- Tuesdays 10:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.
- Wednesday 10:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.
- Thursdays 1:00 p.m. - 3:00 p.m.
The variety of academic support available includes online tutoring and tutor facilitated study groups. The Academic Success Center’s computer lab provides help with computer-related questions including help with online and computer courses and with using key computer applications needed to succeed in college.