As a part of the Minnesota State system, Minneapolis Community and Technical College (Minneapolis College) receives funding via the legislative request submitted by Minnesota State.
Minnesota State is the fifth largest system of colleges and universities in the nation with 30 state colleges and universities across the state that serve as an essential resource to students, business, and industry.
In addition to requesting its operating budget, Minnesota State is requesting $178 million in new funding for fiscal years 2018 and 2019.
FY2018-FY2019 Minnesota State legislative request
Minnesota State has requested $178 million in new funding over the next biennium.
- $143 million to support and protect campuses like Minneapolis College
- $25 million for critical technology replacements impacting Minneapolis College
- $10 million for student incentive grants
View the complete Minnesota State FY2018-FY2019 Legislative Request book
2017 Minneapolis College capital request
Should any portion of the Minnesota State capital request be funded, Minneapolis College is included for:
- $4.4 million in asset preservation–Higher Education Asset Preservation and Renewal (HEAPR)
- $4.5 million for the Hennepin Skyway Renovation, which is Minnesota State system priority #18