Veterans Admission Process
Minneapolis College has a long, proud history of veteran students attending our college. Veterans, and their dependents using veterans education funding, follow the same admissions process as all students in addition to applying for veterans funding. We have staff available to assist you in the enrollment process and to provide guidance in the veterans benefit application process.
How to apply as a Veteran:
- Complete the college application
- Submit your Veterans Online Application (VONAPP) to apply for benefits
- Submit your military transcripts
- Take the college placement tests
- Attend a new student orientation and get registered for your program courses
- Notify the Veterans School Certifying Official of your enrollment or re-entry and the Veteran Education Benefit you wish to use
- Contact Admissions if you have questions about the admissions process
Veterans Welcome Center
Located in H.2300, this room is a location for veteran students to relax, socialize and do homework. Staffed by student veterans, you will find peer information and support as well as computer labs available for your use. This is also a meeting room for the Minneapolis College Chapter of the Student Veterans of America.
Yellow Ribbon Steering Committee
The objective of this committee comprised of students, staff and faculty, is to "establish and sustain an internal Minneapolis College Yellow Ribbon Network that connects and coordinates services for military service members, veterans and their families."