After a dramatic renovation and expansion, the beautiful new Helland Student Center and Fine Arts lobby opened in January 2012. Both spaces have been transformed and offer a number of amenities:
(across the skyway from the T Building)
- Quiet study space
- 2 gender-neutral restrooms
- State-of-the-art Student Health Clinic (H.3400)
- AME Center
- American Indian Success Center
- Veterans Welcome Center
- Student Life (Campus Life)
- Student Life Headquarters
- Student Organization Resource Center (SORC)
- Color Xerox printer/copier
- Staff offices
- Organization offices
- Student Senate
- City College News student newspaper
- Student ID card (Minneapolis College Campus Card)
- MOVED to the College Store in T.1800.
- Expansive study spaces
- Organization office spaces
- Students Against Hunger and Homelessness (SAHH)
- Student Tech Services (STS)
- Vending machines and microwaves
- Black and white Xerox printer/copier
- Meeting rooms for student organizations and study groups
- Study and lounge spaces
As the center of Minneapolis College community life, the Helland Student Center offers a space for Student Life to complement the academic experience through an extensive variety of cultural, educational, social and recreational programs. Through volunteerism, boards, committees and student employment, students will gain first-hand experience in citizenship, leadership, social responsibility and exercising their values.
Student Life and the Helland Student Center encourage self-directed activity, giving maximum opportunity for self-realization and for growth in individual social competency and group effectiveness. Our aim is to foster a sense of community that cultivates enduring loyalty to Minneapolis College (the role of the College Union as applied to Minneapolis College, Association of College Unions International, 1996).
Wondering where to start?
Please visit us at the 2nd floor Student Life Information Desk! We can answer your questions and get you pointed in the right direction.