Personal Trainer & Group Exercise Instruction
As an educational partner with the American Council on Exercise (ACE), this program will provide you with the knowledge, skills and practical experience to be a qualified, competent fitness worker and prepare you for employment quickly in a streamlined, effective and concentrated educational format.
Degree options and requirements
Please select the award below to view the degree options and requirements in the college catalog.
- You will learn the process and skills to design and implement exercise programs.
- You will learn strategies to teach clients proper technique to support clients in developing healthy behaviors.
- you will also learn the process and techniques to design and instruct group exercise classes.
You will gain practical experience in our fitness center by working with the MCTC community.
The occupational outlook for fitness worker jobs is expected to increase 30% through 2018, which is faster than the average for all occupations.
Potential Job Titles
- Personal trainer
- Group exercise instructor
Where You Could Work
- Health clubs
- Fitness facilities
- Yoga studios
- Corporate wellness centers
- Community education
- Senior living facilities
- Clinics, hospitals or treatment centers