Apply for Financial Aid
All students should complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA), regardless of financial status. The FAFSA is used to determine eligibility for a broad range of financial aid programs.
- Complete the FAFSA as soon as possible after October 1 each academic year. Include Minneapolis College’s federal school code (002362) to have your FAFSA information electronically sent to Minneapolis College.
- You do not have to pay a fee to apply for financial aid. Remember, the first F in “FAFSA” stands for “free”—so use the official government site www.fafsa.gov to submit your application.
- Complete additional requirements. You will receive an award notification letter or a request for additional information from the Minneapolis College Financial Aid Office in approximately one week. Your award notification will be pending until the required information is reviewed and processed by the Financial Aid Office.
If your application is selected for verification, Minneapolis College Financial Aid will request that you submit documents to verify income, household size, or other information reported on your FAFSA.
- Other examples
If you have attended any colleges previously, Minneapolis College Financial Aid may ask you to submit an academic transcript from each college regardless of grades received or courses completed.
You may be asked to document your citizenship status, Selective Service registration, or other information.
- Track your application online by logging in to eServices.
- You will receive an award notification, once all required documents have been processed, telling you the types and amounts of aid for which you are eligible.
- If you chose to borrow student loans, you must take additional steps.
- Upon receiving your personal code, select the refund delivery that is best for you.