The goal of federal TRIO programs is to assist low-income and first generation youth and adults to enroll in and complete a college program.
- These educational opportunity outreach programs are designed for students from disadvantaged backgrounds.
- TRIO at Minneapolis College includes the Educational Opportunity Center and Start Point, aimed for students with different needs.
The Starting Point program offers services that help students stay in college until they graduate and/or transfer.
To qualify for Starting Point students must have an academic need and be:
- Low-income (with proof of income status) or
- First generation (neither parent has a bachelor’s degree) or
- Disabled (with proof of documented disability)
Learn more about Starting Point