- You will experience chemistry courses where lectures and laboratories are closely aligned and complement one another.
- Minneapolis College laboratories are taught by their corresponding lecture instructors (not T.A.’s).
- You will have access to a wealth of online course-related materials including laboratory handouts, Almost Live Lectures, multimedia laboratory primers and hybrid course alternatives.
- You will attend lectures where the maximum number of students is 54.
- Minneapolis College provides laptop computers and data acquisition equipment for students learning in the laboratory.
- Numerous extra-curricular opportunities are available to Minneapolis College Chemistry students, including summer research opportunities and a Chemistry club.
Minneapolis College’s Chemistry program utilizes small class sizes and high tech teaching laboratories to give you individual attention and hands-on learning experiences. Chemistry courses give you a strong foundation for health and science career areas, or continuing to a four-year degree.
- You can complete chemistry coursework equivalent to the first two years of a four-year chemistry degree, or coursework that is prerequisite to many pre-professional programs including engineering, medicine, veterinary science, pharmacy, physician’s assistant, physical therapy and biotechnology.
- You will have opportunities to learn state of the art laboratory instrumentation techniques that include gas chromatography, atomic absorption spectroscopy, UV/Vis spectroscopy, microscopy, and IR spectroscopy.
- You will utilize Microsoft Excel to manipulate data and display experimental results.
- You will often work in team settings where you will build confidence and sharpen your oral/written communication and presentation skills.
At Minneapolis College’s Chemistry program, you will have opportunities to join study groups as well as participate in online learning.
A background in chemistry can lead you to a number of rewarding career fields such as medicine, biotechnology or teaching science which offer bright career opportunities.
Potential Job Titles
- Agricultural Scientist
- Chemical Engineer
- Compliance Officer
- Environmental Scientist
- Forensic Science Technician
Where You Could Work
- You may transfer to a 4 year college, which prepares you for an entry-level position in many chemical industries.
- You may use your skills to go into other science disciplines, including health sciences, biological sciences and engineering.