Take courses this summer
We welcome visiting students at MCTC to earn affordable college credits in a number of general education liberal arts, math, science, social science and career program classes this summer. Taking classes over the summer can be an ideal time to get into courses that fill up during the regular school year and with smaller class sizes you are sure to get the focused one-on-one attention you want from instructors.
Register today as a visiting student
Students from all over the Twin Cities choose MCTC for summer classes––and for good reason:
- MCTC classes are affordable
- We offer high-quality courses that transfer easily to other colleges and universities
- Our courses are scheduled to offer the flexibility you need
- You can take accelerated courses in the summer to complete your degree, diploma or certificate more quickly
- Summer session allows you to get a jump start on your fall semester
- You can take fewer courses in the summer and focus in depth on your coursework
- Getting started is easy for new degree-seeking and visiting students
Liberal arts and science classes offered include:
- Race in America, Then and Now
Career and technical courses offered include:
- Business Management
- Computer Literacy
- Graphic Design
- Healthcare Core Curriculum
- Information Technology
- Nursing Assistant / Home Health Aide
- Web Design
We welcome students throughout the year from the University of Minnesota, Metro State, Augsburg, St. Thomas and many other nearby colleges and universities that want to take advantage of our high-quality, easily transferable courses.
If you attend a Minnesota State (formerly MnSCU) school (St. Paul College, North Hennepin Community College, Normandale, Hennepin Tech or others) it's even easier to be a visiting student––simply register for MCTC's in person or online classes without any additional paperwork required through eServices.
Through the Minnesota Transfer Curriculum, liberal arts and sciences courses are accepted for transfer by all four-year public colleges and universities in Minnesota. Check with your college or university about course transferability and visit transfer.org.
Current MCTC students
Contact your academic advisor
with questions or for more information about summer classes.