Yoga Teacher Training
Become a steward of yoga by learning all aspects of this wonderful and relevant tradition. As a Registered Yoga School with the Yoga Alliance, our comprehensive curriculum includes anatomy and physiology, yoga humanities, professional yoga essentials and physical and subtle yoga practices and techniques. Our hands-on program will cultivate a unique, well-rounded perspective and nurture your development as a qualified and transformative yoga teacher.
- The program is a Registered Yoga School with Yoga Alliance, the largest non-profit association representing the yoga community.
- The program is compliant with Yoga Alliance’s updated standards.
- The program is financial aid eligible.
- You can advance your knowledge and skills while gaining relevant experience as a work study student within the program.
- The program is designed to be convenient; you can begin any semester and take courses at your own desired pace.
- The teaching practicum is woven throughout the entire program and you will experience teaching in one-to-one, small group and large group settings.
- You will develop skills to create equitable and inclusive spaces for your students.
- You will intimately come to know that yoga is more than a physical practice.
- Upon graduation, there are a variety of teaching opportunities available on campus.
- You will learn and practice the yoga lifestyle.
- Develop the skills to develop and teach yoga classes that include asana, pranayama, meditation and chanting.
The dynamic field of yoga teaching is projected to increase by 13% from 2018-2028, according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor. A national study completed by Yoga Alliance in 2016 determined:
- The number of yoga practitioners increased 55% from 2012 to 2016.
- 34% of Americans say they are likely to try yoga over the next 12 months.
- 59% of yoga practitioners do yoga at least once per week.
- More men, children and people over 50 are practicing yoga.
- Yoga practitioners spend $16.8 billion annually on classes, gear and equipment.
Potential Job Titles
- Yoga instructor
- Certified yoga instructor
- Yoga teacher
- Certified yoga teacher
- Community education yoga instructor
- Group fitness instructor (yoga)
Where You Could Work
- Health clubs
- Fitness facilities
- Yoga studios
- Corporate wellness centers
- Community education
- Senior living facilities
- Clinics, hospitals or treatment centers