Transferring Minneapolis College Credits

Transferring to Another School

When you earn an associate degree at Minneapolis College or finish the Minnesota Transfer Curriculum, your credits transfer to all four-year public institutions like Minnesota State University–Mankato, Metropolitan State University or the University of Minnesota, and most private institutions like Augsburg College and the University of St. Thomas. Minneapolis College is one of 37 public colleges and universities that make up the Minnesota State Colleges and Universities system.

Articulation Agreements

The College has many formal agreements, or articulation agreements, with other colleges and universities in the region. These agreements facilitate the transfer of your Minneapolis Community and Technical College coursework to a specific academic program to which you intend to transfer. A list of our agreements are available in our catalog or on the end of each program page of each specific academic program or on the articulation page at  Students are encouraged to declare they are following an articulation agreement upon transfer to a university.

Plan Ahead

Planning is important if you plan to attend Minneapolis College and transfer your credits to another system college or university. Follow these steps to get the process started:

  • Review the information on the Minnesota Transfer website to learn more about the transfer process and important things to consider or ask
  • Talk to your advisor about the benefits of completing a full two-year Associate of Arts (A.A.) degree (usually 60–64 semester credits)
  • Ask your advisor about how Minneapolis College’s degrees transfer to various 4-year colleges and universities
  • If you don't plan to stay in Minnesota, your advisor can guide you in selecting acceptable general education courses
  • You should complete the standard courses for your major in your freshman and sophomore year with the required general education courses
  • Use Transferology to find out if your credits will transfer or view this list of transfer schools to find out what courses are required in transfer for different majors and several colleges and universities