Veterans Education Benefits
Veterans Education Benefits are defined on the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs website.
Current VA education funding for students includes:
- Chapter 30 – Active duty service person
- Chapter 31 – Vocational rehabilitation and employment
- Chapter 33 – Post 9/11 GI Bill
- Chapter 35 – Veteran’s dependent (spouse, surviving spouse, or child)
- Chapter 1606 – Active selective reservist or National Guards
- Chapter 1607 – REAP (Reserve Educational Assistance Program)
If you have questions about your VA education benefits, Renee Cannon is your campus Veterans School Certifying Official (SCO) and is located in Student Services, T.2200. You can contact her at firstname.lastname@example.org or 612-659-6769.
During the fall and spring 16 week semesters, credit loads are:
12 or more credits = full time
9-11 credits = ¾ time
6-8 credits = half time
5 credits or less = less than half time; tuition only
Changing your credit load may affect your benefit eligibility.
In addition to possible veteran education benefits, all students are encouraged to apply for financial aid by completing the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
For assistance with Veterans Education Benefits
For assistance with Veterans Education Benefits, a representative from the Minnesota Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) Higher Education Veterans Programs is available to you in person or by phone. Contact Duane Bauer at 612-310-0492 for more information.