African American Education Empowerment Program (AME)
Creating Pathways to Educational Success for Students of Color
The African American Education Empowerment Program (AME) consists of four distinct programs to create opportunities for the educational success of students of color who are attending Minneapolis Community and Technical College (Minneapolis College). Each AME program contributes to the retention, graduation and personal growth of students and empowers them to develop leadership skills through their education, mentoring opportunities and involvement in the college community, society, nation and world.
AME core values include education, success, integrity, unity, outreach, diversity and service.
AME programs provide the following benefits:
- A supportive community that creates access/pathways to resources
- Academic advising services to guide students from admission to graduation
- Career development opportunities
- Math and writing institutes
- Peer and faculty tutoring
- Study jams
- Service learning opportunities
- Sense of belonging