Some Minneapolis College courses may be taken on a pass/fail basis.
To change the grade method of a course to Pass/Fail, you must select the pass/fail grading option at the time of registration or until the Change Grade Method deadline posted on the College Calendar.
Before choosing the pass/fail grade method for a course, keep the following in mind:
- If you complete the course with a grade equivalent to A, B, or C you will receive a P on your transcript, which does not affect your grade point average (GPA)
- If you complete the course with a grade equivalent to D or F, you will receive an F on your transcript, which does affect your GPA
- You will not be allowed to petition at a later date to have a P or F changed to an A, B, C, or D letter grade
- No more than one-third of your credit load may be P grades for certificates, diplomas or degree credit (courses that may only be taken on a pass/fail basis are not included in this restriction)
- Courses that are not eligible for the pass/fail grading method will note “Must be taken A-F” in the course description.
If you're not sure whether taking a course on a pass/fail basis is a good option for you, meet with your Academic Advisor or instructor.