What is the CCAMPIS grant?
The Child Care Access Means Parents Are In School (CCAMPIS) grant is designed to help Minneapolis College student parents subsidize their monthly day care costs. Having this support can help students with families complete their academic goals.
This grant is available to currently enrolled low-income college students that have a need for financial assistance for childcare. Their children will be in the care of accredited childcare providers.
Funds are limited and not guaranteed from one semester to the next.
The eligibility requirements include:
- Currently enrolled student
- Cumulative GPA of 2.0 or higher
- Child enrolled in or seeking enrollment in a NAEYC certified childcare center
- Meet income guidelines
- Recipient of the Federal Pell Grant
- Not a recipient of county childcare assistance
- Applications are reviewed on a first-come first serve basis.
Interested students should contact the Student Support Center to schedule an appointment to meet with the CCAMPIS coordinator, Jalex Lor, at 612-659-6709.