Drum & Dance Circle, Sept. 19 Outside the T Plaza Starting at 1:00 p.m.
Minneapolis College Equity and Inclusion Division Presents
The Drum and Dance Circle—Heartbeats of Community
Come join us for a showcase and celebration of drumming, rhythms and storytelling from the American Indian, Latino and African Communities!
Thursday, September 19 | 1:00 - 4:00 p.m. | Outside T Plaza
- 1:00 - 2:00 p.m. | Titambe West African Dance Ensemble
- 2:00 - 3:00 p.m. | American Indian Dancers Joe Artishon and Miiskogihmiiwan Poupart-Chapman
- 3:00 - 4:00 p.m. | Kalpulli Ketzal Coatlicue Dancers
All performances will be one hour and include:
- Dance and drumming
- A presentation teaching about the cultural roots/relevance of the dance and drummed rhythms
- Audience involvement and participation in dance lessons and drumming instruction