International Student Support

Here is information on studying and living as an international student -

International Student Advisors

International student advisors in the Counseling and Advising Office (visit T.2500 or call 612-659-6700) help current students with visa questions, course selection, career planning and work and personal issues.


MCTC does not provide housing for students. You will be responsible for arranging housing. Apartments are located within walking distance of the College and there is public transportation to nearby neighborhoods.


MCTC is committed to making education equally accessible to all students. The Accessibility Resource Center helps people with physical, learning or psychological disabilities to access programs, services and activities.

Working in the U.S.

International students should not depend on employment in the U.S. for financial support. On-campus and off-campus employment opportunities for F-1 visa students are limited. See the international student counselor about your eligibility to work while attending the College.