International Student Guaranteed Admissions Program
This Guaranteed Admissions program allows new international student applicants to Minneapolis Community and Technical College to make an intentional plan to transfer to a 4-year university once they receive an Associate's degree from Minneapolis College.
The University chosen from the list below will issue a Guaranteed Admissions letter for the applicant and send it to Minneapolis College International Student Services, who will send the applicant 2 acceptance letters, one from Minneapolis College and one from the chosen university along with the Minneapolis College I-20.
This allows the applicant to articulate this 4 year educational plan to the consular officer during the F-1 visa interview.
To participate in the International Student Guaranteed Admissions Program, please submit your information in the form below. In doing so, Minneapolis College has the right to share your basic contact information with the Transfer Admissions offices for the chosen university for their outreach purposes.
This is not a binding agreement for the student, meaning it is not impossible to transfer to a different university, if desired.
In order to participate, you agree to the following terms for guaranteed admission:
- Complete an Associate of Arts (A.A.) or Associate of Science (A.S.)* degree including the appropriate prerequisite and introductory courses for your intended 4-year university degree or complete the Minnesota Transfer Curriculum at Minneapolis Community and Technical College.
- Have a cumulative GPA of 2.0 C or higher** at time of completion of coursework at Minneapolis College.
- Meet the admissions application deadline for the college and term (semester) in which you wish to begin at the chosen university.
- Meet any other conditions for admission as outlined by the chosen university. Click on the name of the universities below to access an overview of the school, links to their websites and international student admissions pages, and the conditions for each school.
* Associate of Science only applicable for transfer to Metropolitan State University and Saint Mary’s University at this time.
** unless higher GPA listed by the transfer institution in their respective information.
Go online to complete the International Student Guaranteed Admissions Participation Form.