Personal Trainer & Group Exercise Instruction
As an educational partner with the American Council on Exercise (ACE), this program will provide you with the knowledge, skills and practical experience to be a qualified, competent fitness worker and prepare you for employment quickly in a streamlined, effective and concentrated educational format.
Please select the award below to view the degree options and requirements in the college catalog.
- You will learn the process and skills to design and implement exercise programs.
- You will learn strategies to teach clients proper technique to support clients in developing healthy behaviors.
- you will also learn the process and techniques to design and instruct group exercise classes.
The occupational outlook for fitness worker jobs is expected to increase 30% through 2018, which is faster than the average for all occupations.
Potential Job Titles
- Personal trainer
- Group exercise instructor
Where You Could Work
- Health clubs
- Fitness facilities
- Yoga studios
- Corporate wellness centers
- Community education
- Senior living facilities
- Clinics, hospitals or treatment centers