- Minneapolis College’s classes include diverse students from many cultures who make Global Studies coursework relevant and personal.
- Global Studies faculty members have diverse backgrounds and are experienced in varied cultures and areas of knowledge.
- Earning a Global Studies certificate makes achievement in any academic field and preparation for any career more convincing by demonstrating that the student has a global perspective.
- You will learn to work collaboratively across borders, communicating effectively with people from a variety of backgrounds and cultures.
- You will develop diverse perspectives, attitudes, and insights that help them address complex political, economic, cultural, and environmental issues.
The Global Studies Certificate explores how the earth and its people affect each other. Courses use interdisciplinary approaches to connect facts and ideas. Whether you plan to work in journalism, banking, biology or other fields that affect people or the earth, this certificate provides a foundation for you to become a productive citizen and a leader.
Please select the award below to view the degree options and requirements in the college catalog.
- For the Global Studies Certificate, you will take a course that introduces you to Global Studies, a course that helps you write and communicate across cultures, a course that focuses on globalization and the change that happens in cultures, a course that looks at environmental issues, at least one course that studies the politics or religion or history or literature of the world and either International Business or a world language or another globally based course.
- You will learn, through this multidisciplinary approach, to see and better understand how the world’s people and nations are interconnected with each other and with the natural environment of the earth.
- Program faculty members help you find study abroad or virtual study abroad programs.
- You can put their ideals into practice in the community through service learning projects in a variety of courses including Social Ethics and Race to Save the Planet.
As today’s economy continues to get more global, a foundation in Global Studies provides you with great tools that will give you an edge in the job market. Whether you plan on looking for a job after completing the program or continue on to earn a degree at a 4-year institution, Minneapolis College’s Global Studies program helps prepare you for your career.
Potential Job Titles
- International Relations Specialist
- Humanitarian Relief Worker
- Public Affairs Coordinator
- Cross Cultural Trainer
- Foreign Service Official
- Legislative Correspondent
- Trade Specialist Research Assistant
- International Project Coordinator
- Student Life Coordinator
- Tourism Consultant
- Refugee Resettlement Worker
Where You Could Work
- International business
- Conflict resolution
- Environmental development or protection agencies
- Healthcare and health resource centers
- United Nations and national government agencies
- Social service centers and non-governmental organizations (NGOs)
- Advocacy agencies
- Cultural resource organizations