- Instructors with real world expertise in business and industry lead classes and teach you practical approaches to accounting, encouraging you to work in teams, similar to those formed in the work place.
- You’ll gain in-demand professional skills using the latest technology, giving you an edge-up in the field.
- Minneapolis College’s Accounting Program offers a flexible schedule, allowing you to choose courses during the day and at night. Some courses are offered online, providing a convenient scheduling option.
If you have been planning to attain your two-year degree or a certificate in accounting, learn about accounting or its software, or transfer to a 4-year university, you have come to the right place. We have great courses and instructors.
Minneapolis College's Accounting program gives you the skills you need to enter a field where you will always be in demand. Whether you plan on pursuing your associate's degree or one of three certificate credentials, you will get training that will help launch you into a rewarding career in accounting or help springboard you into the business world. Our AS in Accounting Program also transfers to several 4-year universities.
- Courses range from 24 to 30 students. Instructors are able to devote their time to student needs.
- Courses during the day, at night, fully-online, and also blended/hybrid.
Please select the award below to view the degree options and requirements in the college catalog.
- You will learn to use software to document original transactions and maintain records.
- You’ll gain an understanding of the principles of accounting, business communication, problem solving and accounting math.
- You’ll build key job skills in journal entry preparation, financial statement preparation, computerized accounting systems using QuickBooks software, electronic spreadsheets using Microsoft Excel and 10-key operation by touch.
Minneapolis College’s proximity to downtown Minneapolis offers a wealth of internships that students can apply for with local businesses and corporations.
Employment for Accountants is expected to grow by 22 percent by the year 2018, much faster than average employment growth, according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics. With an increase in the number of businesses, changing financial laws and corporate governance regulations, accountants will be in high demand, especially those with certification.
Potential Job Titles
- Accounting technician
- Accounting clerk
- Accounting analyst
- Accounts payable/receivable clerk
- Payroll accounting clerk
- Administrative Assistant
Where You Could Work
- Small and medium-sized businesses
- Government agencies
- Nonprofit organizations
- Accounting firms
- Tax-preparation services
- Temp agencies