Update Your Student Information
Keeping your name and address current ensures that MCTC will be able to communicate with you in a timely manner.
You can update your address through eServices or by submitting a Student Change of Data form (PDF).
To change the name on your student record, submit a Student Change of Data form (PDF). You must attach documentation of the legal name change authorization.
Examples of acceptable documentation include:
Court authorization granting name change
How to submit the Student Change of Data form
Download the Student Change of Data form (PDF), or pick up a printed copy of the Student Change of Data form at the Student Services Center (T.2200)
- Submit your completed form to the Student Services Center:
- In person: Drop the completed form off at the Student Services Center in T.2200.
Forms submitted in person are usually processed immediately.
- Online: Send the PDF as an attachment to the Student Services Center online
- By mail: MCTC Student Services Center, 1501 Hennepin Ave, Minneapolis, MN 55403
Forms submitted by mail or email are typically processed within 2-3 business days after being received. You will be notified at your @go.minneapolis.edu student email account once your request has been processed.
Preferred name request
A preferred name is a name that a person has chosen to identify themselves within the MnSCU system that is different (in whole or in part) from their legal name. A preferred name will appear on class rosters and other records as technically feasible except in places where a legal name is required (such as financial aid records and student transcripts).
Reference: MnSCU System Procedure 1B.1.2 Preferred Name (PDF)
Submit a preferred name request:
- Online Form: Preferred Name Request eForm
- Alternate format: Preferred Name Request form (PDF)
This form must be printed and signed before submitting in person, by email, or by mail. See form for instructions.
- Paper forms are also available at the Student Services Center (T.2200)
Have a question?
Find answers to your questions and ask us!Ask a question