Minneapolis Community and Technical College is committed to your success! A strong partnership with one of our specialized Academic Advisors can help you navigate the college, understand program requirements, develop your plan and more.
When you register for a new student or transfer advising and registration session you will meet with your personal Academic Advisor to select your first classes. During your first semester, you will meet with your academic advisor again to learn about forming an individual academic plan that can help ensure your success at MCTC. Through conversation, goal setting and strategic planning, you will be empowered to create an academic plan that reflects your program requirements, professional goals and takes into consideration other important responsibilities you may have such as family, work and community involvement.
Academic Advisors are here to assist you
- Build academic plans
- Understand program prerequisites
- Connect with college resources
- Prepare for course registration
- Clarify institutional and academic policies
New MCTC students
Join us for a New Student or Transfer Advising and Registration Session before your semester begins so you and your advisor can get started planning your academic adventure!
If you have questions about applying or transferring to MCTC, please visit one of our Admission Specialists.
Current or Returning MCTC students
One on One
- A 30-minute scheduled appointment with your assigned advisors for questions about your major, registration, SAP and graduation planning
- AgileGrad provides 24/7 access to appointment scheduling online
- Have a quick question? Open advising is a walk-in 15-minute meeting with your advisor. Check open advising schedules
Sandra Castro-Pearson, Working Mother And Student
MCTC Academic Advisor Sandra Castro-Pearson is a full-time employee, first-generation college student and a mother who can relate to students on many levels.Read More