Cedar Riverside Promise Scholarship
For the 2017-2018 academic school year, the Cedar Riverside Promise Scholarship is being offered by the Minneapolis Community and Technical College Foundation. Twenty Cedar Riverside residents will be awarded a scholarship to cover tuition, books and a Metro Transit bus pass, up to $500 per semester.
Minneapolis Community and Technical College (MCTC) is a public two-year college located in the heart of downtown Minneapolis. MCTC enrolls nearly 13,000 credit students annually and is an active partner in initiatives designed to strengthen the social, economic and cultural vitality of the Twin Cities metropolitan area.
Scholarship applications are due to the MCTC Foundation by 4 p.m. on Aug. 1, 2017.
Please drop off your scholarship application in the mail box located in the entry way of the Management Education Center (MEC) Building at 1312 Harmon Place.
- Must be a Minneapolis Cedar Riverside resident
- Must meet the criteria to apply for federal financial aid (FAFSA). Apply at fafsa.ed.gov (FAFSA must be complete and on file with the MCTC Financial Aid Office)
- Must meet all assessment and academic requirements of the program in which the student is enrolling
- Meet the family adjusted gross income cap of $65,000
- Minimum age requirement of 21 years old
- Must enroll full-time in 12 credits per semester in a Nursing, Health Science and Public Services or Trade Technologies major (list available soon)
- Must not have been enrolled at MCTC in the past 12-months
- Maintain a 2.3 grade point average to remain eligible
- Must be tracking to complete the academic program within three consecutive years
- Each applicant will submit a one-page, typed essay outlining his or her career/educational goals and how enrollment at MCTC will advance those goals
Please contact Amy McCarthy for questions about this scholarship.