Academic Requirements for International Applicants
International applicants need to meet the following academic requirements.
Please send one of the following:
Document showing graduation from secondary/high school, such as a Certified School Leaving Certificate/Examination document. Also send an official transcript showing courses/subjects taken and grades/marks earned. You must show academic strength during high school in at least five academic areas, with a minimum grade of C in courses related to your intended area of study. Courses in religion are not considered academic.
- Transcript from a college or university outside the U.S.
- Transcript from a U.S. college or university.
Policies on transcripts and academic records
Request official transcripts or records from every academic institution you have attended.
- An official transcript is one that is mailed directly from the school to MCTC in a separate sealed envelope.
- Documents must arrive before the deadline for admissions.
- Please do not send essays, letters of recommendation, honor certificates or extracurricular accomplishments. ACT and SAT scores are not required for admission.
- If your documents are not in English, they must be translated into English with a copy of the original document in the native language. Translations must be certified by a school or public official as a true copy and translation of the original document.
- MCTC reserves the right to determine the appropriateness of the certification and does not ordinarily return certificates and records. Some documents may be sent to authorities for verification of authenticity. When there is a charge for verification of authenticity, the applicant must pay the fee.
- An applicant on academic suspension from another college or university shall not be admitted to MCTC during the term of that suspension unless they demonstrate potential for being successful in the particular program to which they apply.
- An applicant who has been suspended or expelled for disciplinary reasons from any postsecondary institution may be denied admission to MCTC.