Accuplacer Testing Exemptions
You can request a review to be done on a case-by-case basis for full or partial exemption from the Accuplacer test if you have:
- Been admitted within the past five years to a college or university requiring acceptance based on college readiness
- Completed college-level or developmental course work in reading, English composition and/or math
- Completed college-level coursework with prerequisites clearly at a higher level than the course you would like to take here
- Standardized exam scores from SAT, CLEP, AP, IB, DSST, Excelsior, etc.
- Scored 21 or higher on the ACT for reading, scored 18 or higher in English composition within the last three years
- Scored 22 or higher on the ACT for math within the last two years for math
- International transcripts that have been evaluated by an educational credential institution such as Educational Credential Evaluators (ECE) or World Education Services (WES)
High school transcripts cannot be used to waive placement exams.
To request an exemption
Return the Request for Placement Test Exemption form with either your official or unofficial transcripts by:
Your transcripts and/or test scores must display your name and the name of the issuing institution. Handwritten names on transcripts or test scores will not be accepted.
Please allow 3-5 days for review of your materials. You will be notified via your MCTC email address whether you will be exempt from any or all placement testing.