Facebook Pixel Code

About Us

Institutional Information

Office/person responsible: Academic Affairs, Facilities

Each institution must make available to prospective and enrolled students information about academic programs of the institution, including:

  • Current degree programs and other educational and training programs
  • Instructional, laboratory, and other physical facilities that relate to the academic programs
  • Faculty and other instructional personnel
  • Any plans by the institution for improving the academic programs


Office/person responsible: Strategic Planning and Accountability Office

Each institution must make available to prospective and enrolled students.


  • Accreditation at MCTC
    • Names of associations, agencies and governmental bodies that accredit, approve, and license the institution and its programs
    • Procedures for obtaining or reviewing documents describing accreditation, approval or licensing

Office/person responsible: Student Support Services and Compliance

Each institution must provide its current students and prospective students with contact information for filing complaints and its accreditor and with its State approval or licensing entity and any other relevant State official or agency that would appropriately handle a student’s complaint.

Office/person responsible: Student Life

Each educational institution that receives Federal funds for a fiscal year is required to hold an educational program about the U.S. Constitution for its students. 2016 Constitution Programming included tabling and a guest speaker during the week of Constitution Day.


Policies and Sanctions, including Computer Use and File Sharing

Office/person responsible: Information Technology Services

Institutions must annually make available to current and prospective students the institution’s policies and sanctions related to copyright infringement including:

  • A statement that explicitly informs students that unauthorized distribution of copyrighted material, including unauthorized peer to peer file sharing, may subject students to civil and criminal liabilities.
  • A summary of the penalties for violation of federal copyright laws.
  • The institution’s policies with respect to unauthorized peer to peer file sharing, including disciplinary actions taken against students who engage in illegal downloading or unauthorized distribution of copyrighted materials using the institution’s information technology system.

Institutions must make available to current and prospective students information about student body diversity, including the percentage of enrolled, full-time students who:

  • Are male
  • Are female
  • Are a self-identified member of a major racial or ethnic group
  • Receive a Federal Pell Grant

The race/ethnicity and the gender data are collected in the IPEDS survey. Information about Pell Grant recipients is collected for the prior year in the IPEDS Financial Aid survey.

Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA)

Office/person responsible: Registration and Records Office

Each institution must annually provide notice to all enrolled students about:

  • The right to review their education records, to request amendment of record, to consent to disclosures of personally identifiable information, and to file complaints with the Department of Education.
  • Procedures for reviewing education records and requesting amendment of the records.
  • If applicable, information about the institution’s policy regarding disclosures to school officials with a legitimate educational interest in the education all records.

In order to disclose directory information without prior consent, an institution must provide to students a notice of directory information, which includes:

  • The types of information the institution has designated as directory information.
  • The student’s right to refuse to allow any or all such information about the student to be designated as directory information, and the time period the student has for notifying the institution in writing.


Office/person responsible: Minnesota State System Office creates calculator, hosts website and provides college with link

Institutions must make available on their website a net price calculator. The institution may use the Department of Education’s template or develop a customized version that must include at a minimum, the same elements as the Department’s version.


Office/person responsible: Strategic Planning and Accountability Office

Consumer Information Requirements:

Federal law requires all colleges and universities participating in federally funded financial aid programs to make information about the institution available to the public, current and prospective students, current and prospective loan borrowers, and current employees.

Minneapolis Community and Technical College is committed to the principal of promoting access to information that will allow consumers to make informed decisions about postsecondary education.

This information is available on the College Website in other campus departments.

Office/person responsible: Registrar, Business Services, Financial Aid

Each Institution must make available to prospective and enrolled students information regarding:

Office/person responsible: Accessibility Resource Center

Each institution must make available to prospective and enrolled students information about facilities and services available to student with disabilities, including students with intellectual disabilities.


Office/person responsible: Bookstore, Academic Affairs

Each institution must disclose, on the institution’s Internet course schedule used for pre-registration and registration processes, the International Standard Book Number (ISBN) and retail price information of required and recommended textbooks and supplemental materials for each course listed, to the extent the disclosure of the information is determined to be “practicable.”

If the ISBN is not available, the institution must include in the Internet course schedule the author, title, publisher, and copyright date for the textbook or supplemental material, or, if applicable, the designation “To Be Determined.”

If applicable, the institution must include on the institution’s written course schedule a notice that textbook information is available on the internet course schedule and the Internet address for the schedule.

If applicable, the institution must include on the institution’s written course schedule a notice that textbook information is available on the Internet course schedule and Internet address for the schedule.

Upon the request of the college bookstore operated by or affiliated with the institution the institution must make available as soon as practicable the most accurate information regarding the:

  • Institution’s course schedule for the subsequent academic period
  • Information provided for students (see above) regarding required or
  • Recommended textbooks and supplemental materials for each course or class
  • Number of students enrolled in each course or class
  • Maximum student enrollment for each course or class


Office/person responsible: Academic Affairs/Registrar

Each institution must publicly disclose information about the institution’s policies regarding the transfer of credit earned at another higher education institution, including:

  • Any established criteria the institution uses to determine transfer of credit.
  • A list of institutions with which the institution has established an articulation agreement.


Voter registration forms made widely available and provided to each enrolled student.

Each institution must:

  • Make a good faith effort to distribute a mail voter registration form(for federal elections and state elections for governor or other State chief executive) to each student enrolled in a degree or certificate program and physically in attendance at the institution and
  • Request the forms form the state 120 days prior to the deadline for registering to vote within the state

An institution will be considered to be in compliance with the distribution requirement fi the institution to be in compliance with the distribution requirement if the institution electronically distributes the voter registration form or an internet address where such a form can be downloaded.

The information must be in an electronic message devoted exclusively to voter registration. This requirement does not apply to institutions in states that do not have a voter registration requirement or that allow voters to register at the time of voting.

Additional Information

MCTC encourages all students and staff to be active participants in exercising their right to vote in local, state, and national elections, if they are eligible to vote. Voter Registration Forms are available at the student life office located in the Helland Center. In addition, Student Life promotes an annual voter registration drive.  

Minnesota is a state that is covered by section 4(b) of the National Voter Registration Act (42 U.S.C. 1973gg-2(b) which permits eligible voters to register at their polling place on the Election Day.  

Where Do I Vote?  

Generally you vote in the neighborhood where you live. You may call your county auditor or city clerk's office for the address of your polling place. If you recently registered to vote (see "How Do I Vote"), you will receive a post card that tells you the location of your polling place. You can also look up your polling place location on the Secretary of State's website http://www.sos.state.mn.us. Select "Elections and Voting" and then "Election Day Voting" followed by "Where do I vote?"  

How Do I Vote? 

  1. Register to vote.  
  2. Go to your polling place on Election Day. An election judge will check if you're on the list of voters and, if so, have you sign the list. Then you'll get a ballot. If you can't go to your polling place on Election Day, you can apply for an absentee ballot.  
  3. Vote! The election judges will show you the process for marking and depositing your ballot in the ballot box. They also will help you read or mark the ballot if you need assistance.  

Regarding Voter Registration  

Before you can vote, you need to be on the official list of voters. This is called being "registered." You need to register if you just became eligible to vote, moved, changed your name or haven't voted in the last four years. The easiest way to register is by filling out a voter registration card and mailing or dropping it off at your city clerk, county auditor or the secretary of state's office. When you fill out the card, remember that you can only vote where you live. If you are a student living at school, you can choose whether to register at home or at school but not both!  

Where Can I Get A Voter Registration Card? 

  • At state, county, or city offices and public libraries  
  • Where you apply for, renew, or change your Minnesota Driver License or ID card  
  • In state income tax booklets from the registrar's office or student association at colleges, universities and technical schools  
  • At many businesses, stores, and community groups  
  • From the government pages of most phone books  
  • Secretary of State website at www.sos.state.mn.us  

Can I Register On Election Day?  

If you miss registering before election day, you can still register on election day at your polling place. You will need proof of your identity and the address where you are living on election day. Use one of these for proof:  

A current Minnesota Driver's License, learner permit or identification card (or receipt for a new one) with your address.