High School Upward Bound
High School Upward Bound (HSUB) is a pre-college TRIO program providing academic support to students who plan to complete a post-secondary education after completing high school. We provide a number of services to participants in TRIO High School Upward Bound. The program serves students in grades 9–12 from Thomas Edison, Patrick Henry, Roosevelt and Highland Park.
Our services include:
- Academic, vocational and career advising
- ACT Workshops
- Parent Support
- Field Trips: cultural and recreational activities
- Support in selecting a post-secondary institution
- A six-week summer program held on the MCTC campus
- A monthly stipend (for students who meet program criteria and maintain academic performance and attendance)
High school juniors and seniors are not actively recruited for this program, but all eligible students are encouraged to apply.
The HSUB Program assists students who are either:
- Low income This means that your income does not exceed the Federal TRIO Program guidelines or
- First-generation college student: This means that neither parent has completed a Bachelor's degree.
All HSUB students must meet the following criteria:
- Grade level proficiency in reading and math or demonstrated ability to achieve academically
- Consistent class attendance
- Committed to graduating from high school
- Motivated in pursuing a post-secondary educational program
- Committed to the High School Upward Bound Program requirements and activities
The tutors at your high school (Henry, North, Edison, Roosevelt, Highland) can help you fill it out the High School Upward Bound Application and return it to our office. The HSUB Director will approve the application and you will receive a letter in the mail welcoming you to the program.
- Main number: 612-200-5578
The MCTC Campus
MCTC is located in the heart of a vibrant city, in an area rich with creative energy and economic activity, corporate headquarters, community organizations, social resources, arts, shops and restaurants. View Image Gallery