Official MCTC Transcript
If you need to request an official MCTC transcript, you can submit your request online, in person or by mail.
If you plan to have a transcript sent to a Minnesota State College or University (MnSCU), you do not need to complete a transcript request. All Minnesota State Colleges and Universities are able to access a student's MCTC transcript electronically. Please contact the MnSCU institution you plan to attend for next steps.
If you are a former Minneapolis Technical College student, Minneapolis Community and Technical College will continue to require a request and will charge transcript fees for all archived records from the former Minneapolis Technical College to any destination.
If you have any overdue financial obligations you will need to contact the College and resolve your debt before your request can be processed.
Minneapolis Community and Technical College has authorized the National Student Clearinghouse to provide online transcript ordering. Current and former students can use the National Student Clearinghouse's secure site to order a transcript.
How to place an online order
To order an official transcript(s), login to the Clearinghouse secure site. If you are a first-time visitor, you will be directed to create a personal profile and user ID/password, which you may use to place future orders.
The site will walk you through placing your order, including delivery options and fees. You can order as many transcripts as you like in a single session; there is a $5 charge per transcript ordered, and credit cards are charged after orders are processed and posted.
Order updates will be emailed to you. You can also check your transcript's order status online.
If you need help or have questions about the Clearinghouse's transcript ordering service, contact 703-742-7791 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Rush Service transcript requests (pick up only)
Rush Service is available for requests made in person at the Student Services Center (T.2200). Requests for Rush Service transcripts will be ready for pick up in approximately one hour, though
transcripts from the former Technical College will require a minimum 24-hour turn-a-round time for pick up.
There is a $5 fee per transcript and an additional $5 fee for Rush Service, payable at the time of the request.
A Rush Services transcript request is the only option available for students who want to pick up a transcript.
Transcript requests to be mailed out if you do not want to pay with a credit card
If you choose not to order a transcript online using a credit card, you will need to order your transcript by mail.
To order by mail send a signed request with a check or money order for $5 per transcript. Download, complete and sign the Academic Transcript Mail Out Form and then mail it to:
Minneapolis Community and Technical College
Office of the Registrar
1501 Hennepin Avenue
Minneapolis, MN 55403
If you are unable to download the form, you can send a letter to the Office of the Registrar containing the following items:
- Your name, printed or typed; indicate any other names or spellings of your name that you may have used as a student at Minneapolis Community and Technical College.
- Your signature; we cannot process your order without this, and a computer generated signature is not acceptable.
- The college you attended, and your approximate dates of attendance; Minneapolis Community and Technical College was created in 1996 when Minneapolis Community College merged with Minneapolis Technical College.
- Your social security number; providing your social security number is voluntary. If you do not provide this number, your request for a transcript will still be processed, however there may be a delay in the processing of your request.
- Your 8-digit MCTC ID number, if you remember it.
- Your current home mailing address, telephone number or email address so we can correspond with you if there are any problems with processing your order.
- The complete address(es) where each copy of your transcript is to be sent.
- Check or money order in the amount of $5 per transcript ordered, payable to Minneapolis Community and Technical College.
Need help or have questions? Contact the records office at email@example.com for assistance.