Transferring MCTC Credits
Transferring to Another School
When you earn an associate degree at MCTC or finish the Minnesota Transfer Curriculum, your credits transfer to all four-year public institutions like Minnesota State University–Mankato, Metropolitan State University or the University of Minnesota, and most private institutions like Augsburg College and the University of St. Thomas. MCTC is one of 32 public colleges and universities that make up the Minnesota State Colleges and Universities system.
Planning is important for you if you plan to attend MCTC and transfer your credits to another system college or university. Follow these steps to get the process started:
- Review the information on the Minnesota Transfer website to learn more about the transfer process and important things to consider or ask
- Talk to your advisor about the benefits of completing a full two-year Associate in Arts (A.A.) degree (usually 60–64 semester credits)
- Ask your advisor about how MCTC’s degrees transfer to various 4-year colleges and universities
- If you don't plan to stay in Minnesota, your advisor can guide you in selecting acceptable general education courses
- You should complete the standard courses for your major in your freshman and sophomore year with the required general education courses
- Use transferology to find out if your credits will transfer or view this list of transfer schools to find out what courses are required in transfer for different majors and several colleges and universities
Have a question?
Find answers to your questions and ask us!Ask a question