School Shopping Tips
- Think about the kind of career and job you want before you look for a school.
- When you are choosing a career or job, it is important to talk with
people already working in the career field you are interested in. This
will help you decide if the job is the right one for you. Find out what
type of education you need to get the job you want. Find out if employers
are hiring for the job you desire. Look in the newspaper employment
section, contact companies that employ people in
your career field, and ask about job opportunities.
- Find time to go school shopping:
- Request college catalogs of schools you are considering.
- Visit the EOC office in your area.
- Plan to attend the National College Fair.
- Read information about the schools carefully and do some comparison shopping.
Use the list of school shopping questions as a guide.