Student Services

Services for Students

Services for students

Appointments. Individual confidential meetings are available with a disability specialist to discuss reasonable accommodations, academic concerns and other issues. 

Document Conversion. If you are eligible for document conversion, you may request alternate formats for textbooks and other print materials.

Testing Accommodations. If you are eligible for testing accommodations for classroom exams, you may take their exams in the Testing Center or in Disability Services. Testing accommodations may also include accommodations for the Accuplacer Placement Tests.

Adaptive Equipment. If you are eligible for adaptive equipment, you should consult with your disability specialist as soon as you are registered for the semester or as soon as the need becomes apparent.

Sign Language Interpreting. If you are eligible for sign language interpreting, please request services as soon as you are registered for the semester. You can also request services for meetings and other MCTC events and activities. If you need a sign language interpreter to attend a campus event or activity, please contact Disability Services at 612-659-6730 two weeks prior to the event or as soon as possible.

Note Taking. If you are eligible, you should consult with their disability specialist. Generally, note taking is provided by a volunteer peer note taker.

All accommodations are determined on an individual basis.


What are the roles and responsibilities of students with disabilities?

  • Meet with a disability specialist for an in-take appointment.
  • Provide disability documentation in support of accommodations.
  • Contact Disability Services in a timely manner and request accommodations each semester.
  • Deliver accommodation letters to instructors early in the semester.
  • Inform Disability Services as soon as possible when accommodations are not working or are not being provided as requested.
  • Follow the procedures set forth by Disability Services (e.g., accommodation letters, exam accommodations and addressing a concern).

What are the roles and responsibilities of instructors and staff?

  • Determine the essential elements of a course or program.
  • Refer students to Disability Services when students request disability accommodations or present disability-related documentation.
  • Facilitate accommodations that are formally requested through an accommodation letter from Disability Services.
  • Contact Disability Services to discuss alternate accommodations when they believe the requested accommodations may compromise the essential elements of a course or program.

Addressing a Concern

To address any concerns, you should make an appointment to discuss your concerns with your disability specialist. If you are unable to resolve your concerns with your specialist, you should then make an appointment with the Director of Disability Services. If the Director of Disability Services is not able to resolve concerns, you will be referred to the Office of Student Rights and Responsibilities.

Contact Disability Services

Phone: 612-659-6730
Fax:  612-659-6732