StarID: Requirement for Campus Connections
What is a StarID?
StarID is a single login that provides access to various computer services and applications at MCTC and other Minnesota State Colleges and Universities (MnSCU) who are leveraging StarID.
Beginning Monday, Aug. 12, 2013, your StarID username and password will be your login for accessing the following MCTC computer services and applications:
Who has a StarID?
All faculty, staff and enrolled students of Minneapolis Community and Technical College will have a StarID.
All Minnesota State Colleges and Universities (MnSCU) are in the process of converting to StarID.
Note for transfer students
If you are a transfer student from a MnSCU college using StarID you can use your StarID credentials to access eServices at MCTC. All other MCTC Campus Systems (mentioned above) will convert to StarID on Monday, August 12, 2013.
If you are a transfer student from a school that was not using StarID, follow the steps to the right to activate your StarID. You will need your StarID to access the above systems on Monday, August 12, 2013. In the meantime, continue to use your current user name (Tech ID) and password.
Important note for new students and existing MCTC students
Please activate your StarID now for use on Monday, August 12, 2013. Follow the steps to the right to activate your StarID. In the meantime, continue to use your current user name (Tech ID) and password for the above systems.
How do I activate my StarID?
- Go to starid.mnscu.edu
- Click on Activate Your StarID
- On the StarID Self Service Page, click on Activate StarID
- Under the Students section, click on Tech ID (Student ID)
- Using the School dropdown, select Minneapolis Community & Technical College
- Enter your Tech ID (Student ID) and your Social Security Number*
- Click Continue to create a password and activate your StarID
- Create and confirm a Password
- Select your Preferred Email Address**
- Select the checkbox to acknowledge the Data Stewardship Responsibilities
- Select Activate StarID
*Students without a social security number should contact the Service Desk to claim their StarID.
**Your preferred email address will be used in the event you forget your password and to notify you when your password is about to expire.
For more information contact the IT Service Desk at the Computer Lab T.3200, 612-659-6600 or Service.Desk@minneapolis.edu.