Order an Official MCTC Transcript
If you need an official transcript, you will need to submit a request online, in person, or by mail (unless you need your transcript sent to another MnSCU institution). If you have any overdue financial obligations to the College, you will need to have them resolved before a request can be processed.
Transcripts to be sent to another MnSCU institution
You do not need to submit a transcript request to have your transcript sent to another MnSCU institution (unless you attended only the former Minneapolis Technical College prior to 1996). If you are enrolled or seeking to enroll at another MnSCU institution, that institution will be able to retrieve your MCTC transcript electronically, as long as there are no holds on your MCTC account. You should contact the MnSCU institution you plan to attend to find out your next steps.
If you attended Minneapolis Technical College prior to 1996
Records from the former Minneapolis Technical College (MTC) are paper only, and cannot be retrieved electronically by other MnSCU institutions. Minneapolis Community and Technical College requires a request and will charge transcript fees for these archived records. If you attended MTC before 1996, you will need to submit a request online, in person, or by mail as described below.
MCTC has authorized the National Student Clearinghouse to provide online transcript ordering for current and former students.
- Log into the National Student Clearinghouse secure website. If you are a first-time visitor, you will be directed to create a personal profile and user ID/password, which you may use to place future orders.
- Information about ordering, including delivery options and fees, is included on the NSC website. You can order as many transcripts as you like in a single session. There is a $5 charge per transcript ordered.
- Specify if you want your transcripts sent now or if you want it held for grades or degree completion.
- Order updates will be emailed to you. You can also check your transcript's order status online.
- Credit cards are not charged until MCTC has processed your order and sent your transcript. If you need help or have questions about the Clearinghouse's transcript ordering service, contact 703-742-7791 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Order by mail or in person
If you do not order online through the National Student Clearinghouse, you will need to submit a written request that you have signed, authorizing MCTC to release your record.
Complete and submit an Academic Transcript Request form and mail it to the address below. You must sign this form and include a check or money order for $5 per transcript.
Minneapolis Community and Technical College
Registration and Records Office
1501 Hennepin Avenue
Minneapolis, MN 55403
What if I can’t print the request form?
If you are unable to print the Academic Transcript Request form, you can send a transcript request letter to the Registration and Records Office. Your request must include the following items:
- Your name, printed or typed. Please indicate any other names or spellings of your name that you may have used as a student at Minneapolis Community and Technical College.
- Your signature. We cannot process your order without this. Computer-generated signatures are not acceptable.
- The college you attended, and your approximate dates of attendance. Minneapolis Community and Technical College was created in 1996 when Minneapolis Community College merged with Minneapolis Technical College.
- Your MnSCU StarID or your 8-digit MCTC student ID number. If you do not know either of these, review the StarID Login Help guide. If you attended Minneapolis Technical College only prior to 1996, please provide the last 4 digits of your social security number and your date of birth.
- Your current home mailing address, telephone number and email address so we can correspond with you if there are any problems with processing your order.
- The complete address(es) where each copy of your transcript is to be sent.
- Check or money order in the amount of $5 per transcript ordered, payable to Minneapolis Community and Technical College.
Rush Service transcript requests (pick up only)
Rush Service is available for requests made in person at the Student Services Center (T.2200). If you request Rush Service, your transcript will be ready for pick up in approximately one hour.
- The Rush Service fee is $5, in addition to the regular $5 fee per transcript requested, payable at the time of request
- Rush Service is not available for transcripts to be mailed—MCTC does not offer expedited mail-out service
- Rush Service is not available for archived transcripts from the former Minneapolis Technical College prior to 1996
- Rush Service is the only option for students who wish to pick up a transcript