Student Services

Transfer Your Previous College Credits

If you attended another college before applying to MCTC, you should have an official transcript sent to the Office of the Registrar so that your transcript can be evaluated.

If you previously attended a Minnesota State College and University (MnSCU) school you do not need to have an official copy sent to MCTC. We are able to access your MnSCU transcript electronically.

If your former institution utilizes Avow Systems and +ADDS™ electronic official transcripts, submit those transcripts to:

MCTC will evaluate your official transcript after it has been received by the College if the student has been accepted and has paid their application fee.

Transcript evaluation procedures

To get your previous transcript evaluated, follow these steps:

  • When you apply to MCTC, arrange to have official transcripts of all previously attended U.S. colleges and vocational schools sent to the Office of the Registrar: 
    Minneapolis Community and Technical College
    Registrar's Office
    1501 Hennepin Avenue
    Minneapolis, MN 55403-1707
  • If your former institution utilizes Avow Systems and +ADDS™ electronic official transcripts, submit those transcripts to:
  • Transcripts are evaluated in the order they are received.
  • Following evaluation, MCTC will record the number of credits accepted and note it on your transcript (the MCTC course equivalencies will be recorded on your DARS report).
  • You can access your degree audit via e-Services by logging in with your MCTC ID and password.
  • You can use Transferology, an online advising tool, to review how your courses may transfer to MCTC.
  • To discuss your transfer evaluation and how it relates to your academic program make an appointment with a counselor or advisor.
  • If you have a college transcript from outside the U.S., you must also submit it to an evaluation agency such as Educational Credential Evaluators and request that a course by course evaluation be submitted to the Office of the Registrar. See our International Student section for more information.
  • If the transcript is not in English, the document must be translated into English by the evaluation agency or a certified, literal translation must be provided.
  • College credits are evaluated based on your degree major in your student record. Please notify our office at if:
    • You have changed your major.
    • You have completed additional coursework outside of MCTC since your initial evaluation.

The MCTC Campus

MCTC Campus

MCTC is located in the heart of a vibrant city, in an area rich with creative energy and economic activity, corporate headquarters, community organizations, social resources, arts, shops and restaurants.

View Image Gallery