You could be "blocked" from registering for classes because:
- The class you want is full
- You owe money or have another Hold at MCTC or another MnSCU college
- You are on academic suspension at MCTC or another MnSCU college
- The MCTC registration system does not acknowledge that you have the prerequisites for the course, particularly if you are a new student. Prerequisites, which are listed in the class schedule and college catalog, are courses or test placements that you must have before you are allowed to register for courses.
All students need to meet prerequisites to register for classes.
Prerequisites can be met by:
- Completing prerequisite coursework at MCTC
- Submitting other (non-MnSCU) official college transcripts to the Records Office for evaluation (at least 8 weeks before enrollment). You can use Transferology, an online advising tool, to review how your courses may transfer to MCTC (to be used to meet prerequisite coursework)
- Completing the Accuplacer Placement Tests in Reading/English/Math
If you think the registration system doesn't acknowledge the prerequisites you should:
Have a question?
Find answers to your questions and ask us!Ask a question