You may elect to take some courses on a Pass/Fail (P/F) basis. To choose this option, you must select a P/F via web by the deadline date. If you're not sure whether or not this is a good option for you, discuss it with your instructor, a counselor or an advisor.
Keep the following key points in mind when considering this option:
- If you choose the P/F option, you will not be allowed to petition at a later date to have the "P" grade changed to a letter grade on your transcript.
- If you choose the P/F option and complete the course with a grade equivalent to "A," "B," or "C," you will receive a "P" on your transcript, which does not affect your grade point average (G.P.A.). If you complete the course with a grade equivalent to "D" or "F," you will receive an "F" on your transcript, which does affect your G.P.A.
- The P/F option may not be taken for more than one course per term.
- No more than one-third of your credit load may be "P" grades for certificates, diplomas or degree credit.
- Courses with an assigned grade of "P" are not included in these restrictions.
Have a question?
Find answers to your questions and ask us!Ask a question