What to Expect After Submitting a Graduation Application
Before the end of the semester
- No further notification on the status of a graduation review is sent, unless a preliminary review of their record indicates the student still has requirements to complete. However, every effort will be made to notify a student of outstanding requirements before the deadline to add courses for the upcoming semester.
- Students with questions about whether all graduation requirements have been satisfied, or questions about the impact of a withdrawal or failing grade for a course currently in progress should meet with their Academic Advisor.
- Final graduation review begins once all grades for the term have been finalized. Students will be notified of the outcome of their final graduation review approximately 4-6 weeks after the conclusion of the term for which they have applied.
After final graduation review
- Students who have completed all requirements for their program will be mailed a letter of congratulations and an unofficial transcript to review.
- Display awards and covers are ordered off-campus twice a year, normally in February and August. Awards are sent to the students’ current mailing address as soon as they are printed.
Nursing/Practical Nursing Graduates
- Two weeks after the end of the semester, MCTC will verify Nursing/Practical Nursing credentials for students who have signed up with the MN Board of Nursing.
- Students who sign up with the MN Board of Nursing later than two weeks after the end of the semester should contact the Student Services Center at 612-659-6250 or email firstname.lastname@example.org and request to have their credential verified to the MN Board of Nursing.
- Remember, Nursing and Practical Nursing graduates must sign up with the MN Board of Nursing before MCTC can verify that a credential has been earned.
- Students who have a hold on their MCTC account for an outstanding balance cannot have their credential verified until the hold is resolved.
Participating in the graduation ceremony
Students who submit a Graduation Application by the Spring Semester deadline will be sent information in March about the graduation ceremony to be held in May.
Students who submit a Graduation Application for the upcoming Summer term by the Spring deadline will also be sent information in March about the graduation ceremony to be held in May.
Students who earned an award the previous Summer or Fall term will be sent information in November about the upcoming graduation ceremony to be held in May.