Submit a Graduation Application
Students who are completing a degree, diploma or certificate must submit a Graduation Application during the last semester of their program by the deadline listed on the Academic Calendar.
Prior to submitting a Graduation Application, students should also review their degree audit through MCTC e-Services and verify the following:
- Degree, major and catalog year are listed correctly.
- Transcripts from other colleges/universities have been evaluated.
- All academic petitions have been recorded on the degree audit.
Students should meet with their Academic Advisor to review their degree audit prior to submitting a Graduation Application and discuss any possible issues that may prevent program completion.
Forms are available in the Counseling and Advising Office and the Student Services Center. Completed Graduation Applications should be submitted to the Student Services Center (T.2200) or may be faxed to 612-659-6245.
Applications received after the published deadline will be processed the next term.
MCTC does not charge a fee to submit a Graduation Application.
- Students must achieve a cumulative GPA of 2.0 or higher at MCTC in order to earn a degree, diploma or certificate.
- Students may follow the graduation requirements in effect at the time the degree, diploma or certificate is awarded or the requirements in effect in any of the four previous academic years. Requirements from more than one catalog cannot be combined.
- Students must earn a minimum number of credits at MCTC.
- Students who have a hold on their account for an outstanding balance owed to MCTC or overdue resource materials will not be sent an official transcript or display award and cover until the hold is resolved.
- Display awards will reflect the name of record for the student. Name changes require valid identification and must be done in person at the Student Services Center.
- Awards and other correspondence will be mailed to the current address on record. Students may update their mailing address at the Student Services Center or through MCTC e-Services.
The MCTC Campus
MCTC is located in the heart of a vibrant city, in an area rich with creative energy and economic activity, corporate headquarters, community organizations, social resources, arts, shops and restaurants. View Image Gallery