StarID: Requirement for Campus Connections
What is a Star ID?
Star ID is a single login that provides access to various computer services and applications at MCTC and other Minnesota State Colleges and Universities (MnSCU) institutions. Beginning Monday, Aug. 12, 2013, your Star ID username and password became the login for accessing the following MCTC computer services and applications:
Who has a Star ID?
All faculty, staff and enrolled students of Minneapolis Community and Technical College and other Minnesota State Colleges and Universities (MnSCU) have a Star ID.
Note for transfer students
If you are a transfer student from a MnSCU college using Star ID you can use your Star ID credentials to access eServices at MCTC.
If you are a MnSCU transfer student from a school that was not yet using Star ID, follow the steps to the right to activate your StarID. You will need your StarID to access the above systems as of Monday, August 12, 2013.
Important note for new students and existing MCTC students
Please activate your StarID for use if you do not have an active Star ID. Follow the steps to the right to activate your Star ID. In the meantime, continue to use your current user name (Tech ID) and password for the above systems.
How do I activate my StarID?
- Go to starid.mnscu.edu
- Click on Activate Your StarID
- On the StarID Self Service Page, click on Activate StarID
- Under the Students section, click on Tech ID (Student ID)
- Using the School dropdown, select Minneapolis Community & Technical College
- Enter your Tech ID (Student ID) and your Social Security Number*
- Click Continue to create a password and activate your StarID
- Create and confirm a Password
- Select your Preferred Email Address**
- Select the check box to acknowledge the Data Stewardship Responsibilities
- Select Activate StarID
*Students without a social security number should contact the Service Desk to claim their StarID.
**Your preferred email address will be used in the event you forget your password and to notify you when your password is about to expire.
If you are having Star ID issues or have forgotten your password you can visit Star ID Self Service for assistance.
For more information or assistance contact the IT Service Desk at the Computer Lab T.3200, 612-659-6600 or Service.Desk@minneapolis.edu.