The work study program provides students with opportunities to earn money to help meet their education costs. While the intent of work study is for the students to learn skills to assist in future employment, students are not paid to study.
Upon completion of a current year Student Worker Request Form, your work study eligibility will be determined by the Financial Aid Office. Most students are eligible for student employment.
Applying for a work study position
- Register with the MCTC Job Bank and create an account. It is recommended that you create a resume to submit for available positions.
- Contact the department supervisor to inquire about the position.
- If the supervisor makes the decision to hire you, they will initiate the process by submitting a Student Worker Request Form (SWRF) to the Financial Aid Office.
- The Financial Aid Office will create an Authorization to Work, and notify your supervisor when it is available for pick-up and signature.
- You may be required to complete the forms I-9 and W-4, which will require documents to verify your eligibility to work in the US (e.g., ID, passport, birth certificate, social security card, etc.).
- Once you have received your Authorization to Work, your supervisor may request a timesheet and schedule you to begin working.
Work study contacts
Shannon Nealy (Financial Aid) – 612-659-6237
Career Services (Position and Job Bank Inquiries) – 612-659-6700