Cedar Riverside Promise Scholarship
The Cedar Riverside Promise Scholarship is being offered by Minneapolis Community and Technical College. Twenty Cedar Riverside residents will be awarded with full-tuition scholarships for the 2016-2017 academic school year.
The fall semester begins on August 22, so apply today!
- Must be a Minneapolis Cedar Riverside resident
- Must meet the criteria to apply for federal financial aid (FAFSA). FAFSA must be complete and on file (or in process) with the MCTC Financial Aid Office by August 31, 2016. Apply at fafsa.ed.gov
- Must meet all assessment and academic requirements of the program in which the student is enrolled
- Meet the family adjusted gross income cap of $75,000
- Must enroll full-time in 12 credits per semester in a Healthcare, HVAC, or Welding program
- May be any age, provided other eligibility requirements are met
- Must not have been enrolled in any post-secondary institution in the previous 12 months
- Must maintain a 2.0 grade point average
- Must complete the academic program within three years
How to Apply
- Review the scholarship criteria and attend a help session if you have questions about the scholarship or how to apply
- Download and complete the Cedar Riverside Promise Scholarship Application (PDF)
- In addition to the completed scholarship application, provide proof of Cedar Riverside address, and any additional information required for a specific scholarship
- Mail or drop off all application materials to:
Minneapolis Community and Technical College
Office of College Advancement
1501 Hennepin Avenue
Minneapolis, MN 55403
If scholarship funding is below the number of eligible applicant students, preference will be given to students with the greatest need and those with proof of progress toward graduation.
Have a question?
Find answers to your questions and ask us!Ask a question