This program runs from the fall semester through the spring semester. Classes are held on the MCTC campus.
Degree options and requirements
Please select the award below to view the degree options and requirements in the college catalog.
Yoga Teacher Training Certificate—18 credits
What you will learn
- You will learn and practice the yoga lifestyle.
- Develop the skills to develop and teach yoga classes that include asana, pranayama, meditation and chanting.
Points of pride
- We are a registered school with the Yoga Alliance.
- Our sponsor-work exchange program with the Minneapolis Yoga Conference connects students to the local yoga community and introduces students to the value of ever-deepening their practice.
- Our work exchange program with the Ojai Yoga Crib in Ojai, California allows one student every fall semester to work directly with yoga masters from around the world. This student then teaches others what he or she learned at the conference at the MCTC YTT Retreat during spring semester.
Where you could work
- Health clubs
- Fitness facilities
- Yoga studios
- Corporate wellness centers
- Community education
- Senior living facilities
- Clinics, hospitals or treatment centers
The occupational outlook for fitness worker jobs is expected to increase 30% through 2018, which is faster than the average for all occupations.
You will gain practical experience in our fitness center
by working with the MCTC community.