Legal Office Specialist
Join the fast-paced world of the legal industry through MCTC’s Legal Office Specialist program. You’ll get excellent training in a unique program that is part of a partnership with the 12 largest Downtown Minneapolis law firms. An exciting career awaits you after you complete this hands-on program that gives you an edge-up in landing jobs.
Program start and location
You may start the program in the fall or spring semesters. Courses are taught on MCTC’s main campus.
Degree options and requirements
Legal Office Specialist Certificate—27 credits
Click here for program and course information.
What you will learn
- You will learn the administrative skills and proficiencies required to work in law offices, corporate legal departments, government agencies, legal aid offices and courts.
- You will learn how to process legal documents, use legal terminology and documentation, apply legal software, execute law office procedures, keep records and manage billings.
- You will develop a working knowledge of the Minnesota legal system’s policies and regulations and professional standards and ethics.
Points of pride
Click here to read more...
- This program is the result of a unique partnership with the 12 largest law firms in downtown Minneapolis. Representatives of these law offices helped create the curriculum for this program and frequently recruit graduates for open positions.
- You will have access to internship opportunities and learn how to prepare your resumes, construct your career portfolios and implement job search techniques.
- Equipped with sought-after administrative skills, you will be prepared to work for a broad range of employers and organizations.
Where you could work
Click here to read more...
- Private legal offices and firms
- Government offices
- Court systems
Potential job titles
- Legal Office Specialist
- Office Coordinator
- Administrative Assistant
The expected growth in the population should create more jobs for legal office specialists, according to iseek.org. More people and more businesses will create a need for more legal services. The high-quality training you’ll receive at MCTC will aid you in landing jobs.
MCTC helps you land valuable internships with a number of law offices located in the Twin Cities.
This program is part of the Academy of Business and Service. Click here for more information.
Articulation Agreements, Common Course Outlines and Gainful Employment Information
Please contact the program dean for information about articulation agreements.
Click here for Common Course Outline information.
Click here for Gainful Employment information.
Community College Grads Out-earn Bachelor's Degree Holders
Nearly 30% of Americans with associate's degrees now make more than those with bachelor's degrees, according to Georgetown University's Center on Education and the Workforce. In fact, other recent research in several states shows that, on average, community college graduates right out of school make more than graduates of four-year universities.Read More