The Concurrent Enrollment program is similar to the PSEO program. They are offered through Minneapolis Public Schools, and they allow you to take college level classes while still in high school, receiving college credit tuition free.
If you are a current Minnesota high school student, you may be eligible to enroll in Concurrent Enrollment at MCTC if you meet the following criteria:
- Junior, 15 years or age or older, with a class rank in the top one-third or 66th percentile of your graduating class or have an overall grade point average (GPA) of 3.0 or higher.
- Senior, 15 years of age or older, with a class rank in the top one-half or 50th percentile of your graduating class or have an overall GPA of 2.5 or higher.
- You must demonstrate readiness for college-level work as demonstrated on the Accuplacer placement test given at MCTC.
- Complete concurrent enrollment application
- Take the Accuplacer test
- Submit your high school transcripts
- Submit the Notice of Student Registration form
MCTC is currently working on becoming accredited through NACEP. In order to do this we need to adhere to the standards set forth by NACEP.
For more questions, please contact the Director of K-12 Connections, Sandra Gonzalez at firstname.lastname@example.org or 612-659-6771.