Legal Administrative Assistant
Join the fast-paced world of the legal industry through MCTC’s Legal Administrative Assistant program. You’ll get excellent training in a unique program that is part of a partnership with the 12 largest Downtown Minneapolis law firms. An exciting career awaits you after you complete this hands-on program that gives you an edge-up in landing jobs.
Program start and location
You may start the program in the fall or spring semesters. Courses are taught on MCTC’s main campus.
Degree options and requirements
Please select the award below to view the degree options and requirements in the college catalog.
Legal Administrative Assistant Certificate—30 credits
What you will learn
- You will learn the administrative skills and proficiencies required to work in law offices, corporate legal departments, government agencies, legal aid offices and courts.
- You will learn how to process legal documents, use legal terminology and documentation, apply legal software, execute law office procedures, keep records and manage billings.
- You will develop a working knowledge of the Minnesota legal system’s policies and regulations and professional standards and ethics.
Points of pride
Click here to read more...
- This program is the result of a unique partnership with the 12 largest law firms in downtown Minneapolis. Representatives of these law offices helped create the curriculum for this program and frequently recruit graduates for open positions.
- You will have access to internship opportunities and learn how to prepare your resumes, construct your career portfolios and implement job search techniques.
- Equipped with sought-after administrative skills, you will be prepared to work for a broad range of employers and organizations.
Where you could work
Click here to read more...
- Private legal offices and firms
- Government offices
- Court systems
Potential job titles
- Legal Administrative Assistant
- Office Coordinator
- Office Specialist
The expected growth in the population should create more jobs for legal office specialists, according to iseek.org. More people and more businesses will create a need for more legal services. The high-quality training you’ll receive at MCTC will aid you in landing jobs.
MCTC helps you land valuable internships with a number of law offices located in the Twin Cities.
This program is part of the Academy of Business and Service. Click here for more information.
Common Course Outlines
Gainful employment reports
Earn your bachelor’s degree with the Auggie Plan!
Follow a defined pathway to earn your two-year associate degree from Minneapolis Community and Technical College then seamlessly transfer to Augsburg College to finish your bachelor’s degree.Learn More