MCTC accepts new students throughout the year for our summer, fall and spring terms. Our Admissions Calendar outlines important dates for applying to the college. We encourage you to apply early.
Why apply early?
- The financial-aid process takes 4 to 6 weeks. You can’t apply for financial aid until you’ve applied to the college. Apply for financial aid before the financial aid priority date if you want to receive your award letter before the start of the semester when payment is due.
- Any documents requested by Admissions have to be submitted by the deadline, too. After we review your application, we may ask for more information or a document (such as a high school transcript or a GED) and you’ll need time to get that to us before the deadline.
- Technical and career programs fill up. Increase your chances of enrolling now by applying early. (If you meet the acceptance requirements for the program but it is full, you will be put on a waiting list and can take elective or general-education requirements while waiting.)
- You will have a wider choice of classes when you register. Individual courses have limited seating. Apply early so you can sign up for classes that best fit your schedule.
- Give yourself more time to study for, take and perhaps retake placement tests.
- Less stress for you! Get accepted early so you can celebrate and get ready to start.
You must apply by the admissions deadline, which is 2 weeks before the start of the semester and is posted on the Admissions Calendar. Applications that arrive after the deadline are considered for the following semester. Note that any requested documents have to be in Admissions by the deadline, too.
MCTC has rolling admissions. That means that we review applications as they are received, and students find out their admissions status to the college right away. We accept students throughout the year for our summer, fall and spring terms.
After you apply, you will receive an email about next steps within a week.
Application deadlines for international students (not a U.S. citizen or immigrant)
Currently not living in the U.S.
- Fall semester: May 1
- Spring semester: October 1
- No summer admission
Living in the U.S.
- Fall semester: June 1
- Spring semester: November 1
- Summer semester: April 1
Application deadlines for PSEO students
- Fall semester: June 1
- Spring semester: December 1
Important dates and deadlines for admission,financial aid, semester starts, placement testing and new student orientation are listed in the Admissions Calendar.
MCTC has two semesters: fall (late August to December) and spring (January to May) as well as a summer session (June and July).
Program start dates
Some career and technical programs can be started only at certain semesters. Learn more on the educational program pages.
Two-Year Colleges Make the Grade
“The pendulum has swung” toward community colleges.
In a recent Star Tribune article, community colleges were recognized for offering an inexpensive, fast-track path to employment. Although once regarded as “the 13th grade,” popular opinion about community college has since changed.Read More
MCTC Works! Register now for the fall semester.
Registration is still open for the fall semester!Watch the Video
Te invitamos a conocer nuestras programas educativos (Univision).Mira el Video