MCTC accepts new students throughout the year for our summer, fall and spring terms. Our Admissions Calendar outlines important dates for applying to the college. We encourage you to apply early.
Why apply early?
- The financial-aid process takes 4 to 6 weeks. You can’t apply for financial aid until you’ve applied to the college. Apply for financial aid before the financial aid priority date if you want to receive your award letter before the start of the semester when payment is due.
- Any documents requested by Admissions have to be submitted by the deadline, too. After we review your application, we may ask for more information or a document (such as a high school transcript or a GED) and you’ll need time to get that to us before the deadline.
- Technical and career programs fill up. Increase your chances of enrolling now by applying early. (If you meet the acceptance requirements for the program but it is full, you will be put on a waiting list and can take elective or general-education requirements while waiting.)
- You will have a wider choice of classes when you register. Individual courses have limited seating. Apply early so you can sign up for classes that best fit your schedule.
- Give yourself more time to study for, take and perhaps retake placement tests.
- Less stress for you! Get accepted early so you can celebrate and get ready to start.
You must apply by the admissions deadline, which is 2 weeks before the start of the semester and is posted on the Admissions Calendar. Applications that arrive after the deadline are considered for the following semester. Note that any requested documents have to be in Admissions by the deadline, too.
MCTC has rolling admissions. That means that we review applications as they are received, and students find out their admissions status to the college right away. We accept students throughout the year for our summer, fall and spring terms.
After you apply, you will receive an email about next steps within a week.
Application deadlines for international students (not a U.S. citizen or immigrant)
Currently not living in the U.S.
- Fall semester: May 1
- Spring semester: October 1
- No summer admission
Living in the U.S.
- Fall semester: June 1
- Spring semester: November 1
- Summer semester: April 1
Application deadlines for PSEO students
- Fall semester: June 1
- Spring semester: December 1
Important dates and deadlines for admission,financial aid, semester starts, placement testing and new student orientation are listed in the Admissions Calendar.
MCTC has three semesters: Fall (late August to December), Spring (January to May), Summer (June and July).
Program start dates
Technical and career programs often can be started only at certain semesters.
Health care programs
Central Services Technician: Fall or Spring in alternating years
Community Health Worker: Fall
Dental Assistant: all semesters
Electrodiagnostic Technology: Fall
Polysomnographic Technology: Spring
Nursing LPN/RN: Fall and Spring
Nursing Mobility for currently licensed PN: Fall and Spring
Air Traffic Control: Summer
Apparel: Fall and Spring
Barbering: Fall and Spring
Cinema Division programs: Fall
Construction Electricity: Fall
Culinary Arts: Fall and Spring
Machine Tool Technology: Fall and Spring
Restaurant Management: Fall and Spring
Sound Arts: Fall and Spring
Welding: Fall and Spring