Apply for Star Scholars
The Star Scholars program supports as many students as possible based on student need and funds available for the program each year.
All steps below must be completed and submitted by June 1 for you to be considered for the Star Scholars program beginning in the fall.
How to Apply for Star Scholars
- Contact Dr. Jay Williams by phone at 651-373-0392 or by email at email@example.com to discuss the application process.
- After meeting with Dr. Williams, you will complete the following steps:
Please note: Applicant and family data is not shared with other agencies
You may receive an acceptance letter to Minneapolis Community and Technical College from the admissions office. Your acceptance to the college does not mean you have been accepted into the Star Scholars program.
You will need to complete all the steps in the Star Scholars application process prior to the June 1, 2016 deadline. If you are accepted into the program, you will receive a letter outlining the next steps and an invitation to the Power of You/Star Scholars New Student Orientation.
After receiving your letter of acceptance into the Star Scholars program, you will need to do the following:
- Attend a Power of You/Star Scholars New Student Orientation and registered for Fall 2016 classes (or completed PSEO coursework)
- Meet with Navigate Minnesota to discuss status and opportunities
- Submit a copy of your 2015 high school diploma
- Sign and submit the Star Scholars Participation Agreement
- Complete the DACA Application Process or be U-Visa Status
- Attend a College Prep Session (August 2016)
- Start and attend all classes the first week (Fall semester begins on August 22, 2016)
Download a printable version of the Star Scholars program acceptance checklist (PDF)
Star Scholars advisors are available to assist with your application, please contact us if you need help.
Te invitamos a conocer nuestras programas educativos (Univision).Mira el Video