Apply for the Power of YOU
The Power of YOU supports as many students as possible based on student need and funds available for the program each year.
All steps below must be completed and submitted by May 1 for you to be considered for the Power of YOU program beginning in the fall.
- Apply to Minneapolis Community and Technical College online.
- Print and complete all pages of the Power of YOU application. Make sure to sign where required and send the application to the college.
- Complete the college placement tests. The placement tests are free and are first come, first served. If you took the Accuplacer or ACT you may be exempt.
- Submit the Free Application for Federal Student Financial Aid (FAFSA) online. The 2015-16 application will be available online in January 2015. The MCTC school code is 002362. Note: This process can take several weeks so start early!
- Verify your 2015-2016 FAFSA. You will get the required financial aid verification paperwork in the mail from the MCTC financial aid office. This verification paperwork is required before you can be accepted into the Power of YOU and be invited to a Power of YOU 2015 induction session.
Power of YOU Advisors are available to assist with your application, feel free to contact us if you need help.
You may receive an acceptance letter to Minneapolis Community and Technical College from the admissions office. Your acceptance to the college does not mean you have been accepted into the Power of YOU program.
You will need to fully complete all the steps in the Power of YOU application process prior to the May 1, 2015 deadline. If you are accepted into the Power of YOU program, you will receive a letter outlining subsequent steps and an invitation to the induction session.